10.09.2009

We're havin' a party!

So...since we went to Texas in August, Fox has been pretty interested in trying to go poo poo on the potty. We stayed at our friends house while we were there and their 3 1/2 yr old Caleb uses the potty...so Fox got in on the excitement and was pretty interested in doing the same when we got home. We've been asking him if he wants to sit on the potty and he does, and tries to go but had yet to accomplish anything...until tonight! Just before bed he kept telling Mike "I go poo poo on the potty" so he took him over and tried to go, then got off and repeated the process. Third times a charm cuz then I hear (while I'm sitting and feeding Max) "mommy..." which I replied "he did not!". Sure enough he went! Boy did he try too :) He was very excited. Ever since he started to try we've told him we'd have a party when he went on the potty.
Many times during the week he'll randomly say "I go sit on potty, go poo poo and have a party!". Heard through Dr. Phil's method of potty training to have them get a phone call from or call their favorite character/hero when they go...well since we were at the Johnson's, Fox has been a big fan of Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to be exact). So Mike told him that he could call Mickey when he went on the potty. It was so funny...he was so excited! So Mike did what any great dad would do...did his best Mickey impersonation and called my phone to talk to Fox. We changed the ringer since Fox knows the ring when "daddy" calls, also Mike was in the basement so Fox would be ruined for life :) Fox was so happy and loved getting a phone call from Mickey! Someday he'll be crushed to find out his own dad called instead of Mickey. It was so sweet, he also got a special treat since we wouldn't be having a party at bedtime. Mike got him a little bowl of ice cream with sprinkles on it! As a side note...I read that if you put cinnamon on your child's ice cream that it helps suppress the blood-sugar spike they get after a sweet dessert!
So I guess we'll be having a little party tomorrow...which to Fox just means singing and a cake :) My little guy is turning into such a big boy! He's so sweet and helpful but has way too many of my sayings right now :) I mean really...what 2yr old says "no, no, not today" and he's started calling us mom and dad a lot instead of mommy and daddy, Mike doesn't like it too much :)

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

I just loved reading that whole post! Fox is so funny! I was telling my mom that I think it would be great if we could just box up Fox and have a little Fox-fix every day!!! Haha! :D