10.08.2009

Putting on the down comforter

So, for us you know it's cold when the down comforter comes out! I would probably sleep with it all year, but Mike gets too hot with it on, so I wait as long as possible to bring it out! It's only October 7th but it is officially cold here because we got the down out last night! Brrrrrrrr! It'll probably be out for quite a while too. I don't think Mike let me put it on until January when we were in TX :) Highs in the mid 50's and lows in the 30's, it's a little below avg for October.

I'm going to play catch up with the blog...so keep looking and going down on the page. I have 5months worth of info and stories to share about!

Last wk both boys got sick. Max first, we went to the doctor for his 4mo checkup (weighing in at 16#3oz btw) and he was congested and drooling a lot, he checked out ok but by that afternoon he started with a cough only when he cried so I gave it some time. We went back into the doctor Thursday and he had croup and an ear infection on top of that. Poor little buddy. He was still pretty happy and sleeping at night. He recovered well and seems to be back to himself!
On Friday we went to Minneapolis to meet my parents for the wknd and go the the Twins vs. Royals game..the last series in the Metrodome. My brother Arik and his oldest son Oliver came up to join us, we had a great time at the game! Friday night however Fox started up with the terrible sounding cough that Max had a few days before. Plus he had a fever. It was a very long night...up pretty much every hr with Fox and all in the same hotel room(mom,dad and the four of us!) not sure if anyone got much sleep! By 3am I took Fox into the bathroom to read books and have the steamy shower on to help his cough. I was pretty sleepy at the game that afternoon! Saturday night we had separate rooms...good thing for mom and dad! It was pretty much a repeat of Friday night, except Maxy slept all night! Which was pretty amazing considering Fox was crying so much. We drove home on Sunday after lunch and Fox was still pretty sick so I took him to the doctor on Monday and he had the same thing as Max...croup and an ear infection...same ear even! So with antibiotics in both little guys we are on our way to better health...for now :) Fox is still coughing runny nose so that limits doing much at church which is pretty much our outlet of socialization these days! But it is fall and cold/flu season around here so I think many people are the same. I think God was just wanting me to work on my patience and compassion this wk :) I'm wondering what he has in store next wk?!?

2 comments:

Comforter Set said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


If you wanna look for a collection of luxury comforters, visit my blog- comforter set review
.

:)
keep on blogging.!

Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm really into shoes and I was looking allowing for regarding that meticulous model. The prices seeking the shoes are all over 230 pounds everwhere. But definitively I bring about this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?